At Tony Shaw Driving we want your drivers to be safe, saving you both time and money. We offer three main areas of fleet training.
We offer online training and support service, whether for car, van, PSV or HGV vehicles
- Minimal disruption to key personnel – Drivers are assessed quickly and without disruption to their working day, with no personal intervention from management.
- Provides vital management information – An online ‘master user’ area enables the fleet manager or person responsible to check progress, print reports etc.
- Secure access – using a unique user name and password provides total protection to your drivers and your company.
- This is a 1/2 day interactive presentation to include a Highway Code knowledge test.
- Minimum of 4 drivers – Maximum of 12 per session.
Road Risk Assessment Car, Van, Mini Bus, Coach or Lorry
This is a one-hour assessment of your driver’s ability and identification of risk. Some of the areas that we will look at during the hour are: –
- Approach speed to hazards
- Awareness and Planning Road Position
- Use of Speed
- Judgement when overtaking
- Hazard Perception
- General Driving Attitude
- Eco Driving
- One-hour assessment of the driver’s ability. Written report and recommendations for future training (if required)
- Minimum 4 drivers, maximum 6 per day
At the end of the assessment, our trainers have enough information to provide you with a report on their ability and our recommendation for further training if necessary.
On-Road Driver Training
The trainer to driver ratio is one Trainer to one or two drivers. Each driver will have the opportunity to carry out a ‘Green Drive.’ This will allow the instructor to assess the risks associated with the drive and feedback directly to the driver what he has seen.
Feedback is given on a one to one basis with the instructor highlighting to the driver those areas that would benefit from some additional development. The areas for improvement are categorised as High, Medium or Low risk.
The trainer will carry out a demonstration drive with commentary so that the driver can see for themselves how they might achieve and smoother and Eco safe driving style.
All drivers will be given guidance and coaching on how to improve their driving skills and will see improvements themselves as risks are brought down from High to Low. Guidance will also be given on how to drive in a more Eco-friendly way.
- Three or six hours to include an Interactive Presentation, Risk Assessment and Coaching to reduce levels of risk.
- Maximum of one trainer to two trainees
Contact us now to book your Fleet Assessment and Training.
Tony Shaw Driving provides occupational driver assessments and fleet driving training throughout Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Worcestershire, Avon and Somerset, Wiltshire and South Wales.